The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1608 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I love this poem. Ouch .... though, is a big close to home! Fantastic rhymes
10/22/09
This cute poem has even flow and easy rhyme. Great job.
Aside that this should be framed and hung up in a beauty shop somewhere, my favorite stanza:
"Michaela, as a little girl,
Had pigtails black as dye,
And when the lads would tug on them,
She’d give them a black eye."
Now that's the kind of girl that would have stolen my heart when I was about 6 or 7 or 8 : )
10/26/09
I loved the progression of this clever poem, from the pigtails, to the Viking, the three daughters, to the hair dye. I enjoyed this!!
10/27/09
Just too cute! What's a girl to do?

Mona
This line made chuckle:

"Michaela, as a little girl,
Had pigtails black as dye,
And when the lads would tug on them,
She’d give them a black eye."

Verna, I enjoy reading all of your poems, but this is one of my favorites. The subtle humor is great. Two thumbs way up.
Words can't express how much I love to read your wonderfully clever rhymes! Each one is such a whimsical delight! I love imagining what Michaela and her handsome Viking must have looked like together. It was fun to see how many synonyms for black you worked into this entertaining little story poem too!
10/28/09
I love how Michaela solved her problem:) I can certainly relate!
10/28/09
Ah,vanity, vanity!
10/28/09
So cute! I'm with the others--that 3rd stanza is a pip!
10/29/09
I love this delightful poem! Very well done.
10/29/09
Congratulation, dear Verna!
Congratulations, dear friend!! So glad (and not surprised at all!) to see Michaela's ebony tresses gleaming in Editor's Choice! Isn't this fun!!!
This is so cute and it just flows. I love your poetry anyways.:0 Congrats on the win.Have a blessed day hon.:0)
10/29/09
I loved seeing this on the EC list, Verna! Congrats on the EC and the HC!
10/29/09
I'm so happy for you, Verna! Congratulations on a well-deserved EC!!