The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 856 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Loved this and it brought back so many memories and I have to admit, some of the exact same thoughts of being forever caught on that flagpole. I think you captured the voice of the 3rd grader perfectly.
08/20/09
Cute and entertaining poem that certainly brings back memories from long ago days.
08/20/09
Love your title! I've heard stories of this happening.. you've made it so much fun. This was my favorite stanza, "Oh, the pain, -- humiliation, -- now what was I to do? -- My tongue was held a captive -- by an evil, unseen glue." Wonderful creativity in this poem!!!
Can you believe my little brother actually did this, too? What a darling poem and you managed to include every piece of winter wear in it. I used to think it took more time getting ready to play in the snow than to actually play in it! What wonderful memories and you've done a great job in pulling them all together in a colorful, adorable piece. Kudos!
What a charming poem! It brought forth such childhood winter memories. I had my own funeral planned, too! They'd all be sorry.
I really enjoyed this poem and yes, it brought back many memories for me as well. It actually sounded like a little kid would talk- nice job.
Too cute! Made me laugh and I needed that tonight. Thank you for this wonderful poem full of whimsy and delight.
Very entertaining piece! Enjoyed it!
08/23/09
What messes we can get ourselves into. Very fun poem with great winter images.
mona
08/23/09
hehehehehe, what fun. Pity the poor kid!