The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1394 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This brings back so many memories, some as early as just this past spring; and memories yet to be made as the cycle of life continues on. Nostalgic and well-written slice of life.
You have excellent comparison's here for growing to adulthood as animal and man. I like your tenderness toward your own children's leaving the nest to become adults.
08/11/09
I love your perspective , and the reflexive mood you took. At first, one might expect such an approach to feel mundane, but you handled it well. I enjoyed the read.
08/11/09
You writing touched a chord and caused me to pause and reflect on how brief a time we have with our "nestlings". We need to make each moment count.
08/11/09
Great comparisons here between the MC, the horses letting go of their foals and the empty nest of the barn swallows. God sure has a different plan for all of us as your story shows. Great writing.
I love this! It gave me a reason to be reflective and I felt you led me down a path of nostalgia which held so much meaning! Thank you!
08/11/09
Written from a mother's heart. Soaked full of emotions. Loved this story very much.
mona
I honestly thought you were going in too many directions...until the end when you tied it nicely together. Great writing, superb parallels. Well done!
This reads as if they are carefully thought ramblings as the MC is slowly moving through her daily life. I love it.
I'm so glad to see this place as it beautifully incorporates so much of life into it. Congratulations on your EC win.
08/13/09
I enjoyed your story the first time I read it...it is very hard letting young ones go... empty-nest... full-udders... either way it is not a comfortable transition. You expressed it all so well. Congratulations on your EC placing.
Lisa