The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1153 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I really like stories of redemption and this line is so poignant:
"I keep to myself, I survive. I wish I had it to do over, and I wash my hands a lot."
This story tells so well, that even though we may not have "do overs" we do have a Savior who cleanses us and separates our past as far as the east is from the west.
05/21/09
These lines sum up the redemptive message within this sad story: I may be bodily imprisoned, but I am free. I may still be hated, but I’ve let go of my hate. I know God never washed His hands of me, and I wash my own hands much less, because I am cleansed.

05/22/09
So poignant and ful of truth. I really like the comparison with the two majort changes in her life.
05/23/09
My son just spent his college spring break in a mission trip to one of the largest prisons in the US and talked with men on death row. Many were saved, and full of faith and the conviction of being washed clean. Your story is the truth and you have told it in a personalized powerful way.
I like how you used eleven seconds to show a life ruined and a life reborn. Though your story is sad, I love the redemption here.
A truly great entry. I love the last sentence that tells it all about the saving grace of God in so few words.
05/27/09
Thank you for sharing this! It is such a wonderful entry. An excellent telling of forgiveness.