The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1344 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/16/09
Very nice. I was looking for the stanza on hot flashes! lol
04/17/09
I like this very much -- great rhyme, good thoughts. Blessings on you.
04/19/09
This was so sweet it made me smile. Thank you for this lovely poem.
04/19/09
Lovely! I wondered if someone would write about "themometer wars"--and you did it very charmingly.
SO charming! I love this and the picture it paints of a marriage. Good job.
04/19/09
What a lovely picture of a happy marriage! It definitely made me smile, too!
04/19/09
Simply charming and lovely, romance so tenderly stated.
Each time I read "And God smiled", I pictured Him smiling over the situation just put forth...and then I smiled. :D One stanza made me gasp in recognition, but then I realized "..God smiled." Very encouraging.
04/20/09
I smiled, too, as I read this authentic picture of a loving, well-worn marriage! :) Nice job!
"And God smiled." I love your accurate (I believe) picture of a God with a sense of humor and a tender heart. Precious!
04/21/09
I am not great at poems, but I enjoyed this one. Easy to understand, and it brings pictures to your mind. Definitely a way a marriage should be full of God’s approval
My fiance and I are starting to see differences between the two of us and how our differences nicely compliment each other. God does tend to like to put opposites together, and this delightful poem explains that very well. :)
04/21/09
This was good, a perfect blending of family members and the changing of life's seasons.
04/22/09
Nice job on this entry, it flowed so well. The picture of God smiling is a real encouragement. I think He's smiling now!
04/22/09
So sweet and romantic and lovely and true, true, true! I loved the lines about not noticing the temp when the kids were around!! Made me giggle. Really enjoyed this one Verna, you do have a poetic gift.
04/22/09
Very nice accounting of a married life from beginning to end. Nice job as always:)
I so wish I could write poetry. This is so good. So simple and true!
04/22/09
Very very sweet! I recently heard a preacher say God deliberately puts opposites together and then stands back and smiles at the fun they have trying to work it out. Then he said in a more serious voice, "the greater the difference the greater the personal growth." You captured the fun side and the serious side of God the matchmaker in this delightful poem.