The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1344 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow! I wanted to read more. If this is true I'm so glad that you did get to see your dad one more time. Family....the greatest gift next to salvation.:0) Happy Holidays! God bless!!!
WOW! What a beautiful tribute to you Dad! Well done!
12/06/08
A beautiful tribute with wonderful descriptions. Enjoyed this!
12/09/08
I think we all have a common thread like Dad. Mine was Grandma. Your story reminded me of her. Oh, how I loved going to her home and just being there where I knew there was loads of love and laughter.
Thanks for the memories.
12/09/08
As I read this I felt as if you were telling this to me because you wrote with such an easy conversational feel.
So glad you obeyed God's nudging this time and enjoyed one last Christmas with your dad. Good job.
12/11/08
Congratulations Rick! This was a great entry!
Excellent entry. I love your reflections on the common thread. Congratulations!
Congratulations, Rick. I enjoyed this entry and your writing style. You certainly have a gift for engaging the reader! Loren
12/12/08
Tears well in my throat - the honour and love that you've expressed for your dad are just beautiful. Great, great job on placing, but just writing these memories down and sharing them with us must mean so, so much. Thank you.
12/13/08
Hoomi--Congrats on placing with this creative and wonderfully written stories. These memories become so precious!