The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1840 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/05/08
What a great idea—a memory book. The conclusion is great—the memories are to be appreciated but new memories are to be anticipated and embraced. Well done.
06/07/08
What a fabulous idea - love it. The emotions were so real, and the atmosphere rich. Beautifully done.
06/08/08
What a creative idea and story. This really tugs at the heart. I enjoyed this very much.
06/08/08
As always, your writing is so rich in both atmosphere and mood. Just lovely.

I noticed quite a few semicolons used here, followed by dependent clauses. More curiosity than critique, really--is that an Aussie usage? (In America, a semicolon is used to join two independent clauses.)

You've been absolutely awesome this quarter, Debbie! Another placer here, I think!
Clever idea. We've had tornado season here lately and it's so sad to see people's homes demolished. Your example of hope shining through is inspiring.
06/11/08
This is a great story, packed with love. What a wonderful idea, making a memory book. I enjoyed the present tense aspect of it. It made it seem like I was right there with you. Very good! Very enjoyable!....Helen
Beautiful story. There's one tiny POV shift, but otherwise very well written. What a lovely gift.
06/12/08
I love the emotion. I could feel how much she loved the house because it was 'home'. Great writing.
06/12/08
Very good story. Was unsure of the age of the daughter in the beginning. Very thoughtful of her to do that for her mom. Nice take on the topic.
06/12/08
Beautiful, touching story.
I loved the idea of the book for the mother. I could see this being a real project that someone could do for a loved one who has experienced this kind of tragedy in their lives.

Thank you for sharing this masterfully written story. It was a joy to read. :)
Ohhh, this is simply beautiful! I'm glad I didn't miss this! Wonderful writing-congrats! ^_^
Congratulations on your 2nd place EC win! You deserved it. :)
06/12/08
Congratulations on your EC. Excellent writing, as usual, and wonderful story, also as usual. Nice job with the topic.
06/12/08
Glad you won. You should have. Congratulations...Helen
06/12/08
Congrats Debbie, on placing with this lovely story.
06/12/08
Beautiful and touching. Congratulations on your 2nd place.
06/12/08
Congratulations, Debbie!! What a wonderful story. ( :
Congratulations - What an original and SUPER idea for the topic. Great job.
06/17/08
Wow! Beautifully written. I enjoyed this piece.