The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1526 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/23/08
This whole thing tickled me silly, since I"m such a huge cat fan. But for some reason the bit that "got" me was3 little words: "not so much." They just seem to perfectly capture cat-itude. This is adorable.
05/23/08
This just made me laugh. I am NOT a cat person--though I used to be. (Don't ask.) You nailed the cat personality perfectly! I especially laughed about the scratching post--very funny. Love the voice.
05/23/08
Very creative and clever entry. I've never owned a cat myself, but I know several cat-lovers and according to the things they've told me, this is dead-on (pun-intended). Nice job!
05/23/08
Darling and fun.I AM a cat lover, and you definitely DID peg them. This must have been fun to write!
Jan wss write with "catitude." You captured it perfectly.
05/27/08
This was fun and lighthearted, despite the subject of death by litter box fumes. Loved it...
SOOOOO much fun. You had fun with this, I could tell. A perfect cat voice. I loved the part about licking up the drops of water.
This was very cute and silly and up to par for your excellent writing skills.
LOVE this! Simply too funny! I love the angle of a cat writing a letter-and especially of the tone of voice here, it's just perfect, fitting the cat right. I love the fact that it was her 8th life and she's now on her 9th. This was hilarious and wonderful! ^_^
I am not even a cat person but absolutely adored the attitude of your cat in this piece. Great writing my FaithWriter friend!
Incredibly creative! You captured a cat's attitude perfectly. Nice work. It was fun to read, and I bet it was fun to write. Blessings, Cheri
This was just delightful. I liked the cat's voice - it sounded mature as befitting a cat now in their ninth life.

Well done on a different and very enjoyable story.
Even a dog lover like me can appreciate the humor and tenderness in this wonderful story. Kudos!!
05/29/08
Too funny! I especially loved the cat's views on children, and the OUR OWN SPOT comments were priceless. I actually bought my cat one of those fancy cubic cat bed/homes, which she slept in every night until she decided to expunge a hair ball etc into it. She never touched it again...
05/29/08
And here I thought that my late kitties were in cat heaven. So they are sunbathing in Florida—boy, what a life. Great writing.
One of the msot creative and clever entries that I have read this week. I loved the tips that the cat gave. I also loved the part about dying to the toxic fumes, because he wouldn't empty the litter box. LOL.

One of my favorites this week. I hope this one places high. :)