The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1993 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is so incredibly sad! You kept my attention all the way through and at the end, I was glad for the lines that red, only when Zola is gone, will he dig the third grave. That was true devotion of her brother. Nice job. ^_^
05/09/08
Perfect title, and an amazingly engaging and poignant tale. I ached for this young man, and for all the AIDS orphans this man and his sisters represent.
A beautifully written story. Sad, but showing the wonderful love of the brother for his little sister.
You talk about tearing your heart out! This was a "Two Box Kleenex" story that really touched me! Kudos!
05/12/08
Heartbreaking, and written with a sparse beauty.
05/12/08
Simple yet this has such depth. Wonderfully done.
Outstanding. You set the tone so well for this heartbreaker.

What a wonderful brother!
This is awesomely sad, and, at the same time, beautiful. It symbolizes such a huge problem.
05/12/08
I can't imagine the heartache. I am always reminded of how sheltered my life is when I read stories like that. This is a well-written story that enlightens readers to a problem and emphasizes the need to be invovled in missions.
Captivating and heartbreaking as well. Your writing kept me totally engaged. Great job!
Wow. What a tear jerker this is. And it is totally true, which makes it even more heartbreaking.

As an American, I often forget about the struggles being faced in other countries. I must give thanks for all of the blessings I have, and I must also do what I can to help these poor folks who are in need. Hats off to the missionaries who do their best to lend a helping hand.
05/14/08
A moving, non-judgmental account of tragic circumstances that are far too common in the world today.
You did an excellent job of pulling my mind, emotions, and heart into the story. Beautifully written.
05/15/08
Oh Debbie, this is so sad. Thank you for sharing this with us. Congratulations on your 3rd place win! Great job!
Laury
05/15/08
Congratulations on your EC. You did an awesome job of sharing this horrendous story. Excellent job with the topic.
This is a very moving story. Living in South Africa we are so well aware of the problem. We know many families who have lost loved ones due to aids and many young people trying to look after siblings.
Bless you for sharing.