The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1257 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/18/08
This is adorable. It was like I was a fly on the wall watching the whole scene. Excellently written.
01/19/08
Ha-this is so funny! I love the characters and the poor dad's patience as they total up his "points" in comparison to the puppy. This is really a clever and humorous take on the topic!
01/19/08
Very entertaining! Dad's sure feel loved at the moment. ;-{
Good humor and dialogue here.
01/20/08
Adorably entertaining, fun, and on topic! I have to admit though, being a dog lover, I was hoping for some kind of compromise..keep dad and get a dog dad has always wanted maybe? Then it wouldn't be on topic holding all 3 birds! Loved the story though... great writing and easy to follow.
01/21/08
What a complete and total RIOT! This had to be an absolute blast to write - it certainly was to read. Awesome.
ROFL! I was chuckling by the time I was half way through this. Too funny! I'm glad that the Dad won, it was getting a really close match there. Fun dialouge and cute characters! ^_^

RED PEN: The ending wasn't quite clear, was she talking to her son or husband when she was telling him to get shoes? Could just be me though! ^_^
01/23/08
I really enjoyed the family dynamics here...not sugar-coated, but the affection is very obvious. Really good job.
Grinning from ear to ear on this very clever and creative entry. I was wondering how it would work out...and to the dad's defense, maybe he does eat more than the dog, but he's more than likely also the one that pays for it, too.
01/23/08
Loved it. I got completely caught up in the debate, even coming up with some reasons of my own. (I was cheering for Dad. He is potty trained). Great humor.

Where's that line I liked......"With dad, you gotta tell him over and over. " LOL.
01/23/08
Oh I love the humor and the warmth of the family. Excellent!
I agree. This was so much fun to read. I love the reasons and the come backs. Great writing.
01/23/08
This is so sweet :) Loved it!
01/23/08
What a fun read!! I enjoyed it from beginning to end. :-)
01/24/08
This was sweet and funny and so totally believeable that a 12 yr old would try and pull something like this off. Red ink: People don't drop things in shock; that's exclusively a movie/TV thing, and the glass dropping took away from the rest of the plausability of the story.
01/24/08
I really liked this article. I thought some of the dialogue was unnecessary ("I heard..." after making a statement noting he heard). It did slow it down and make it concrete, but left a little from the reality needed in finding the sarcastic tone of love in this family. Really liked the tone you worked to create.