The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1614 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I loved your easy conversational voice; your story resonated with me because I feel the same. Our church did not have a bapismal font, and when the minister sprinkled me in the symbol of baptism, my heart rejoiced as I witnessed to my salvation and my love for the Lord.
10/25/07
Liked the tone of this. Great opening and closing.
10/27/07
I enjoyed the voice on this one. Great tempo. God bless.
The "voice" and down to earth style captured my heart. Good job.
10/27/07
Great voice in this piece.
I felt like a friend was talking to me. I was shaking my head as I read, like you were right in front of me. Good job.
Assurance is rare with many Christians today - assurance of salvation, i mean. Personally, - and I know I'm not the only one- i have found myself lingering the streets of uncertainty many times in my christian walk. So I admire your stubbornness, but with this particular issue, I feel that you should empasize the actual essence of baptism as in Romans 6.
10/30/07
The personality in this piece comes shining through, and I enjoyed reading it. This was my favorite line:
No sir, because the joy I felt that day was just like getting a new boyfriend, only a million times better. I don’t ever want to water down that wonderful experience, excuse the pun.
10/30/07
Easygoing, conversational style--I like this!
Like the way you made it like talking to this person.
This is a wonderful read on confidence in the Lord knowing our hearts and being steafast in His love for us, I was four and baptized with a red rose, which I then gave to my mother who kept it in her Bible. My confidence, like your own, has never waivered.