The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1780 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/20/07
I just recently lost a dear friend. There isn't a doubt in my mind that, when the Lord came to take her, "“She was smiling as if it was her wedding day.” Good story.
07/21/07
Wonderful job with the dialogue - I love how masterfully you introduced us to grandma through those who loved her. Last line is perfect.
07/22/07
I was drawn right into your story from the title on. I loved the testimony recounted of the grandmother's Godly life.
Beautiful testimony of a faithful Grandmother. I loved your story!
And another round of goosebumps for this reader! ^_^ This is very different from what I was expecting, I was sort of hoping that the grandmother would've still somehow been alive, but the way you wove this ending, it made it even better. Wonderful writing! ^_^
07/24/07
Yes, me, too. A truly masterly piece of writing. Confident in its conception and so emaculately written. Thank you for this reading experience.
I, too, had goosebumps reading this. This is beautifully written--sad yet not. The last line gives a testimony to the life of the main character. Excellent job and "happiness" defined.
07/24/07
ahh how sad and yet the happiness of the grandma as she finally meets her Lord face to face!! beautiful story.
Love it! The last line was beautiful - it WAS her wedding day! Wonderful job beginning to end.
This story is so touching, and the ending is beautiful. You may have been thinking of this verse when you wrote it and gave it the title, but I thought I would share it anyway. Isaiah 43:2b ". . . when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee." KJV
God Bless,
Elizabeth
07/25/07
Beautifully written. I saw, felt, heard, and smelled everything as it was happening. What an interesting take on the topic. It works. :)
This is a truly beautiful story of a Godly life. Your descriptions are really, really good.
Great story. I enjoyed every word of this.