The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1715 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh wow. This gave me happy goose bumps. How shallow I now feel that I was thinking of things like pedicures and bubble baths when I thought of happy. You have truly captured Happy. I can picture the village, the people, the workers, the smiles. I love it.
07/19/07
Great message, and very visual, evocative writing. I love it!
07/20/07
What an amazing take on this topic - makes me so appreciative of the "necessities." Your descriptions are so vivid.
07/21/07
Having a household without water for just 3 days during an ice storm showed me how much clean water meant to me! I can imagine how much it would mean to a village that hasn't ever had fresh, flowing water. Great story!
With your wonderful word pictures, you took us right into the village and let us share their joy.
You certainly captured "Happy" here! This is so authentic! I love the story, the descriptions and especially the ending with the "Silver star" Great job! ^_^
Wow! Talk about putting life into perspective. This has got to be a contender indeed!
I need to be reminded that I take many things for granted...things that would make others extremely happy. Thanks for this beautifully written reminder.
07/25/07
I truly enjoyed this glimpse into the life of an African village. Clean water is so essential to life but Americans tend to take it for granted. Having travelled in the 3rd World and seen the poverty, I make it a priority to daily thank God for clean water, good food and a roof over my head. Thanks for writing this.