The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1822 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wonderful and touching. Bravo. Very good job.
06/15/07
This story pulls at the heartstrings. What a "chance" meeting. Very creative and thought provoking. There are several perspectives to look from: Faye's, Faye's mom, your narrator...and her mom. Nicely done.
06/15/07
Your story is good for teens who need to be reminded that life can be very fleeting. I think teens can relate to both character's viewpoints.
06/16/07
The ending made me teary.
06/16/07
Lovely description, and a wonderful lesson. This warmed my heart.
06/17/07
Great story. Here in Latin America, there are an endless number of places along the roadways marked with crosses where someone has been killed in an accident. Your story reminded me of all those crosses — I could picture this scene and hear the conversation. Good work.
I really like your portrayal of the change of perspective the teen gained through her encounter, but also how she encouraged the grieving mother at the end. Terrific writing!
This was a beautiful story that gave a powerful message.
Was checking out more of your writing and was blessed by this entry. I always wonder who belongs to the crosses by the road, so this was especially good for me. Great descriptions - I could picture the scene and the MC very well. Nice!!