The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1771 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A beautiful illustration of the process of surrender every one of us must go through to be used by Him! Blessings, Cheri
Your story brought back memories for this former clarinet player. I could hear the instrument "weep" so well. Great writing.
I greatly appreciated your story. This was a blessing and wonderful reminder.
03/16/07
Very lovely piece demonstrating different ways we are called to "surrender all." Through your descriptive writing I could picture the whole scene very clearly and was caught up in the tension of the situation. Great lesson here! Thank you! :)
03/20/07
This is such a wonderful cautionary tale for all of us who "perform" for our churches! From "I just couldn't do it" to the end, my spirit was leaping with this one!
This is a beautiful reminder that it is God who blesses our talents, and for Him to use us for His glory, we must surrender all that we are and have to Him.
03/20/07
What a great reminder. We all need to hear something like this from time to time I think.
03/20/07
Such a wonderful message and a beautiful ending to this story.
03/20/07
Wow. Very powerful -- especially to us musicians who "perform" at church. It's so easy to forget that we're just God instruments, playing instruments. I've been the one sitting there with my flute, totally feeling like I blew it. I loved the way you used "I Surrender All." This was really good.
Wonderful show of repentance here. I loved this example of God showing that he is in charge. A lesson we all need to learn.
Beautiful surrender story. It is amazing the instruments God uses to call His children.
03/21/07
A wonderful story of surrender. Even as an "unmusical" person, this had much meaning for me - and was quite convicting. Wonderful.
Loved the ending! It fit just right and is still sticking in my head. Great job with that and very realistic with the clarinet. ^_^
03/21/07
Oh, I loved this. A wonderful story of surrended to the Lord. I could relate to this and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing
03/22/07
Wonderful lesson, so realistic with the clarinet. Surrender, what a great theme to chew on long after the music is over!
03/22/07
Great writing and great message. I like the image of taking the clarinet to the alter also.
Congratulations on the EC! ^_^
So enjoyed the message of this artilce. Congratulations on a well-deserved place in the EC Awards
Masterfully written & a well-deserverd congratulations!