The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1901 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A very creative take on the topic. You sure had me hanging on every word!
"Hanging on every word" is an approriate phrase!You devloped the MC's cahracter well in such a short piece! I felt I knew his personality, his love for his wife and God thoroughly. I loved the creativy and the whole idea you had for this story.
03/10/07
Oh, my! If this isn't extremely creative and fun! I LOVE that man, and how calm he was through the whole thing. Where do you, whoever you are, come up with an idea like this? I think I'd pay big bucks to get a trip inside your brain!
03/11/07
Very creative!
What a fun read. It's kind of Fantasy/Faith meets Loving Husband. Your details created a clear picture for me. Very well done.
03/13/07
Creativity doesn't begin to describe this! Shades of Thurber's "The Unicorn in the Garden," and quite lovely in its quirkiness.
03/13/07
Fun, creative and well written. This is why you are in masters!!
LOL! This was so much fun to read. I loved this Rhino. Calling this "Creative" doesn't do it justice! Excellent writing! I love the piece with the watch and the PB&J sandwich. Nice touch. ^_^
This is a "treasure." I love how you explained each action of the rhino so thoroughly, and I love the meaning behind each of his actions. I echo Betty's critique exactly.
03/14/07
Wonderfully fun take on shopping! Certainly not boring, very creative, and a real pleasure to read! I loved it!
A Rhinoceros? What a delightful story! I just loved the way you wrote this!
03/15/07
I commend you on your delightfully absurd tale, and I say that in a complimentary way! Somehow you manage to make anything work. Your brain needs to be studied for the benefit of sciene and mankind. LOL Fun, fun, fun! Jo
Well, that's what I get for not reading the title first. :) I was completely caught off guard by 'there's a rhinoceros at the door.' A wonderfuly delightful tale.
From a Penguin Missionary to a Shopping Rhino, you certainly have a storehouse of creativity. I could almost picture this kindly sweet shopowner as he ate his half of the sandwich. Great dialogue, a memorable character. . .what more could a reader want?
Congrats on a hilarious, well-deserved win! ^_^
Congratulations on a fun read with a re-assuring message.
03/15/07
This is over-the-top for creativity and uniqueness! What a riveting story!! :D CONGRATULATIONS!
03/16/07
Congratulations on your win! This judge absolutely adored your rhino. Thanks for sharing your wonderful writing with us.
03/16/07
This was wonderful. I especially loved when it appeared that the rhino winked at him. I could picture the entire scene. Savor this placement, it was extremely well deserved.
03/21/07
Loved all the characters. Good write and deserving of all the compliments. God bless and keeping writing.
I loved this! Well crafted.
I started smiling at the beginning and continued right to the very end.
I was standing there beside Wilson seeing what he saw.
God indeed is good, thanks for the playful reminder.