The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1524 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/02/07
This was a nice look at Hannah. Samuel is one of my favorites so this was very enjoyable to read. Good job.
What a beautiful portrayal of one of my favorite Bible characters! Well-done!
I love how we come to realize who the MC is in the middle of the story. You brought Hannah to to life for me. Beautiful!
03/07/07
Such an engaging read. It's depth and dimension are strong and the story written with such gentleness. Love it! Blessings, Jo
I enjoy this kind of "inside" look at a biblical character. You made me think about how Hannah must have longed at times for her son's presence, and worried about the influences surrounding him.
The ONLY thing I noticed was two question marks in your longest paragraph that should probably be exclamation points instead, which is hardly worth mentioning, considering how well-written and enjoyable this piece is!
03/07/07
Beyond excellent.
God bless.
03/07/07
Very good retelling of this story, and wonderfully written. Thanks so much for sharing it
03/07/07
This is really good--I love pieces that help me to relate to Biblical characters as if I were there.

My only suggestion would be to avoid "modern" sounding names like Aunt Penny (short for Penelope?). For a minute I wondered if I were in a modern setting.

I absolutely loved when you had little Jonathan's nighttime experience mirror Samuel's. Perfect.
I loved your story about "the son of God's kindness." What a beautiful expression for Samuel. Excellent job!
03/07/07
Such an atmospheric, beautiful piece. I enjoyed this so much.
03/08/07
I've always been a fan of Hannah and Samuel. This one just flowed from start to finish!
I love the details in this well-written piece. Hannah seemed very real. Very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing.