The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1317 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/19/07
This is such good advice for all of us. It's amazing how quickly we can forget all that God has done for us as soon as trouble hits, I know I have. Thanks for the beautiful reminder!
Great Title! I was caught up in the story right away. good job
01/22/07
I absolutely LOVED that you didn't tell us what Carli's struggles were - let us apply it to our own! Great description, especially of the "five foot nothing" grandma putting on her armor. So compelling.
01/23/07
I like Ethel's voice, and the little witty touches (like the hockey team). Good job!
01/23/07
The call? What about the telephone call? Sure, the answer was great from Grandma Ethel, but what about the call? Left this Reader hanging...but the message was clear and to the point about how to deal with trouble, but I'm still wondering about that call that started it all... Sorry! (PS Good job)
01/24/07
I really like the advice, both from the pastor and the grandma. I love the image of the grandma in a battle stance.
The grandma in this piece was so believable, I could see her. Love her advice, too. This was well written.
01/25/07
Great story! I love the picture of the warrior grandma admonishing us to remember what God has done. We can learn so much from the faithful who have walked this road before us. Thanks.
01/25/07
I really liked this. Loved grandma. Great dialogue and some great ministry points delivered in a very creative and EFFECTIVE way. God bless.
01/25/07
I loved the pastor's advice. Actually I loved it all. But the pastor's advice I'd not heard before and how true it is - to turn to someone like that!
01/25/07
Good reminder to remember God's faithfulness in our lives.
You certainly don't need another comment here, but I just had to say that I loved this article and the advice that accompanies it. Good job.