The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2636 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/14/06
A beautiful moving poem - some wonderful phrases - 'from the fringes of my life'. I think you over-used the commas at the end of lines a bit - if the phrase or thought continues to the next line, I think the comma should be omitted. But this really didn't detract in the least from a wonderful piece of writing.
I love this poem, it's very touching and heartfelt. Good job!
Beautiful! Well done!
12/15/06
This is why I won't venture into poetry again any time soon. Outstanding. The power of a whisper. God bless.
Very moving. Don't know how you get all those words to come together in rhyme.
12/15/06
Beautifully put together - I can feel the Holy Spirit whisper through it.
12/15/06
Not only is this superb, it is superbly structured,

Awesome!
Thank God for all the dear people who intercede in prayer for others--and for you who wrote about them so eloquently.
12/16/06
THat was so beeautiful. I wonder which faces on this eaerth I all owe my blessings to. I will never know to the fullest extent who all faithfully prayed for me, but someday in heaven I will meet them and thank them. God bless you for writing this lovely poem!

~Crystal~
I believe your poem came closer than any to describing a true unsung hero. And I guess I am old-fashioned in that I still like poems to rhyme.
A beautiful work of art. Seems as though each word was chosen with care. Bless you for the message.
This says it all! Every word power-packed! A deeply moving expose. Love the whole thing.
:-)
This is so beautiful! The rhythm flows in such a pleasing way, and the message is touching. Excellent!
12/19/06
I'll echo what the previous commenters have said, and add that I really loved the poetic structure of this verse. Another winner, buddy!
Beautiful. I can't say any more than what's already been said.
12/20/06
This is an absolutely amazing poem and it truly conveys the topic for this week. Excellent! Thanks for sharing this
12/20/06
Just gorgeous in every way and on every level! This warmed me.
Congratulations, Kenn, on your well-deserved win. This was beautiful. I used to spend more time at prayerful intercession for others than I do right now. Your poem, or was it a prayer?, was an encouragement to me to get back to that ministry in earnest. With sincerity, thank you.
12/21/06
Now, stop it Kenn!!! You stop it this second! LOL This so fit the topic, IMO! And of course well-written. I've been bragging on you. Are your ears burning?
12/21/06
Congratulations ... again ...

Superb poetry!
12/22/06
Wow!

I loved this poem.
Such anointed words!
God bless!
This reminds me of a pastor's wife, only 32 yrs old, who passed away recently.

She was a prayer warrior and she had been used by God so many times to intercede on my behalf. She has gone to be with the Lord but I know her prayers are eternal.n

This poem so fits the theme.
Thank you for writing this!
God bless!
Just reading this poem again. I never forgot it. It's got to be one of my favourites on this site. You captured the 'Unsung Hero' so well.
Rest in the arms of your Savior, Kenn.
12/17/14
We will miss you, Kenn. Thank you for using the wonderful gift of poetry to enrich our lives.
12/17/14
Forever in our hearts, dear friend. You will live on through your writing. We will see you again one day.
What awesome poetry you have written. I am sad that you have left us early, but I'm glad that your words will live on. I'll honor your memory with prayers for Susie and all your family.
12/18/14
Can't seem to find words to speak just now. Perhaps it's just a time to feel your words Kenn. You are loved and already missed. Praying.