The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1508 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/09/06
Wow - lots of things going on here! I am amazed at how much you were able to pack into the word count. I think what most amazes me, though, is that none of it felt unfinished. A very compelling read.
This was a precious story, Glenn. A beautiful ending. I'm glad to have read it.
I love stories about the elderly, and this one didn't dissapoint. Our seniors have so much to share. My favorite phrase: "The hounds of heaven were chasing us..."
Nicely done.
12/11/06
It's such a joy to hear seniors speak of the goodness of God instead of complaining. I want to be like Joy when I'm old! Terrific story - loved the ending.
I was privy to an honor roll of saints that had already made the pilgrimage from earth to their country of citizenship -- my favorite line. And for the young pastor to find that his granddad had a place on that honor roll. Nice touch. Blessings, Cheri
12/12/06
Wow, I loved the turn this took in the last third. Up until then, I was interested and engaged, but you notched it up to a whole other level at the end. Love it!
12/12/06
This was wonderful! What amazing timing our Lord has! I really enjoyed this story and its characters. Thanks for sharing this!
Loved your story from beginning to end. Your writing captivated and transported me. So many things I like, I can't point out just one! Great title, too.
12/14/06
This is a beautiful story. Thanks so much for sharing it.