The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 783 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/18/16
Kids say and do the darnedest things. Cute story. God bless.
I loved this fun story with such real characters and such a great example of how children's questions and responses perfectly fit this week's topic. This is a story I'll remember . . . and tell my kids and grandkids about.
Leola took my first thought, so, here's my second.
"Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings..." He has perfected more than just praise. He's perfected some of the funniest things you'll ever hear!
Thanks for sharing this hilarious story.
02/24/16
This is a sweet, well written story. You had me curious, wondering what Gracie would say next. Great job!
02/25/16
Oh, this is so funny! I notice that it's based on a true story and it's easy to picture those red faces and splutters. One thing we can't control is what kids will come out with. A sense of humor goes a long way! Very well written!
02/25/16
Really loved this story.It flowed beautifully. I too kept wondering what Miss Gracie would think about next. Such innocence.
I coughed and sputtered throughout Wrigley's indefatigable pressuring! Love this . . .
02/25/16
Ha ha ha. Oh I can feel my way through this story.

I actually had a housemate who said her niece just kept asking questions and one day she asked the blue sky one and her mum said, "Oh I don't know. Ask Jesus." So she promptly did and after a short pause she was satisfied. Her mum asked what Jesus said and the little girl replied, "Because he wanted to."
02/25/16
An adorable tale for sure. Knowing it's true makes it all the better.
02/25/16
This was a delightful story. Your dialogue of child was spot on. It seems at the most embarrassing times and places that is when a child will voice,their opinion. I laughed so hard at the antics of the child.
03/04/16
Just read this story... Love it! It made me laugh out loud. You drew me in with your down-to-earth dialogue and comedy. :)
11/16/16
Very explicit and very well explained to a five year old. I take it that the child was 5 or she wouldn't be going to school--I guessed she was in kindergarten? I'm glad I didn't have to explain such a thing to a child--(I didn't have any) And when I was growing up, the subject was NEVER discussed...Good writing. I was with you all the way--in the very room--(like a well-hidden mouse) as you answered your child. Blessings, Helen