The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 823 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/14/14
Well written with humor and a good message, or even more than one message. There's a lot in this article, making it worthy of a re-read.
02/14/14
I enjoyed the first three paragraphs before 'the first three paragraphs you've just read.' And I would love to have been amongst the sea of Asian faces when you preached to them. Did you have to keep up the show afterwards? This is sprinkled with humour throughout whilst delivering a worthy message. But then, it's your job, innit! Minister/Chuckle-maker, a good combination!
02/15/14
I loved the humor in this. It made a pill of such strong theology easier to swallow. Thank you.
02/15/14
A creative and humorous story.

For what it's worth - or not worth - as a side note, not having ever read any of your previous articles, you obviously got to Level 4 Advanced for a reason. There were so many examples from biblical stories however that as I continued reading it seemed more like a homily. Not that this is bad; simply how I felt as the reader.

You have wonderful tones of humor that made me giggle. Thanks.
02/15/14
CORRECTION: Level 4 Masters.

My Oops! moment - God gives me at least one daily to remind me I am far from perfect.
Loved the part about the camels crashing embroidery classes.

Also loved the scene in the Chinese church. And anyway no reason to worry about eating eggs.
02/16/14
Ok, you had me scrolling up and down looking for those first three paragraphs. :) This is top notch writing. I completely enjoyed every scene you presented (except those first three paragraphs). :)
02/16/14
I started out thinking old Oz has gone round the bend, or either I had. Those first three or four paragraphs had me scratching my head, and then I thought "of, course! It's Oz's sense of humor!" Okay, you gone and written another Master piece of which I cannot find any red ink but plenty of powerful wisdom.

Very well done, friend.
Blessings, Lynn
02/18/14
Your segues are highly recognizable...your style so readily tickles our funny- bones.

Although filled with humor,(which is a great thing!) your entry still manages to bring forth an important message overall.

Loved the close.

God bless my friend~
02/19/14
Fun, frivolous, and loaded with forceful truths. Hats off to you for another fabulous piece.
Congratulations in ranking 20 overall!