The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 897 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/25/13
Oh yes, that generation said things that would get them in trouble today in this overly “correct” society. This reminds me of my grandfather. But isn’t it funny, us kids knew without a doubt, even with the harsh sounding words, that they were for our own good and we knew without a doubt they loved us! I enjoyed this well told story that fits the topic perfectly.
10/26/13
So now we know who your funny gene came from! I enjoyed reading your reminiscences. It was similar to my own dad's wartime experiences and the 'Depression.' You were on topic already when you sneaked the Bach bit in, so now you're doubly on topic. I'm rather pleased you didn't get decapitated - just think how many laughs we would have missed! Ha! Great job.
10/27/13
This is a wonderful story about your Dad. Yes, now I see where that wonderful sense of humor comes from. I enjoyed this so much! Blessings....
10/27/13
Hahahahahahaha! So, the gene lives on, huh? Thank you for sharing your story with us, I loved it and appreciated hearing about your dad. My father had the best sense of humor as well, so I smiled extra wide reading this.

Nicely done.

God bless~
Deliciously droll! Thank your parents for me for having birthed you! I enjoyed this so much . . .
This is a great tribute to your dad. It also explains quite a bit about why you are the way you are! :) Congratulations on ranking 11 overall! Happy Dance!