The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1227 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I think you did it delightful job on this poem. It was super creative to remove one letter from the word for each stanza. You made it look easy as your lines just flowed from the page with the perfect rhythm and telling a story full-circle with your beautiful words.
04/12/13
This is a beautiful poem. Your use of the word splash then removing one letter for each stanza is very clever and your use of words is lovely. I really enjoyed it.
04/13/13
Living in the high desert, I love your words do describe this event (no doubt at a lower elevation with saguaros). Your skill with words and phrases created a poem rich with images, and was a complete joy to read. The monsoon season is quite unique and I could picture that jackrabbit. I also loved the way you subtracted a letter from the word splash for each successive stanza, then the new word was part of that stanza. Super work!!
04/13/13
Absolutely perfect title...it leads you in and prepares you for a time lapse...then the masterfully done poem has you see it, feel it, live it in your mind! Very creative and original with amazing and vivid visuals! KUDOS! Outstanding! A winner for sure!
04/14/13
Your verbal brush paints a clear picture for those of us unfamiliar with the life of the desert. Strong and inviting imagery.
04/14/13
I really like the way you wrote this, very creative.
04/14/13
Love, love, love the descriptive desert theme -- being a desert dweller myself -- and your use of SPLASH and dropping a letter. Good job! God bless!
04/18/13
My hat goes out to you for the creativity of your poem. Although I have never been in a desert before, I can visualize the tumbleweeds dancing across the sand and the jack rabbit jumping along looking for shelter.

Beautifully written and I like how you eliminated letters and used that as a show piece in the poem.
God uses His Heart to form your words to glorify Him. Beautiful.
04/18/13
A Splash of genius! Great job. God bless~
04/18/13
A very creative take on topic. Congrats on your sixth place EC.
04/18/13
I still love this Carolyn. Super congrats on your Editor's Choice award and level award!
Very cleaver poem. Congratulations on you EC!
04/20/13
Unique and lovely prose!
It was easy to envision the portrait you drew with words.
Congratulations on your well deserved EC placing.
Congratulations!
Very clever use of the word splash. Although living in the high desert now, I spent my childhood in Phoenix, enduring the annual monsoons. They could be terrifying. You described them so well. Great job! Congratulations on your EC.
04/24/13
One of my favorites! Congrats on your placement Carolyn! God bless!