The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 679 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/31/13
This was so touching. I loved it. God bless~
02/01/13
Very nice take on the topic. Well done.
02/02/13
Yet another story that put me there, in the shoes of the MC. Great job. I felt his longing and his great relief of, after a long process, finally reaching the goal. Pressing on.

Great job!
02/02/13
My naturalization ceremony was nothing like this, nor the process leading up to it--two meetings and a ten-question test at one of them. Nevertheless, you've managed to get inside the head and heart of your main character and done an admirable job.
Brought back a wonderful memory. Last summer, I saw again a Mexican friend I had not seen in several years. She spoke to me in English (she had barely spoken a few words in English the last time I saw her); and then said so proudly, "Last month, I became a ci-ti-zen!" She has a very long story of faith and perseverance. Your well-written story brings back good memories! Thank you so much.
This was fascinating. You allowed me to see through different eyes. Having been blessed by being born here, I think it's easy for me to forget the atrocities that people run from and the freedom to which they are running. Congratulations for ranking 19 overall!