The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2198 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/02/12
Such a rich tapestry of words and images, a wonder to contemplate! And an equally rich message of hope...beautiful artistry!
11/06/12
This poetic piece, so rich and lovely in its vivid descriptions, so beautiful in its ode to creation and its cycles, captivated and enchanted my heart!! I felt as if I was reading one of the great masters of nature writing! Amazing job! :)
You have some lovely descriptions here. I wondered at times if perhaps it balanced on the edge of purple prose but then I'm more of a conflict and resolution type of a person. If I dig deeper into this poetic piece I can see a struggle against change not only for people but things as well--like the last leaf clinging to the branch. There is a deepness about this piece that leaves me with a sense of peace. Nice job.
11/07/12
You have a wonderful skill, in creating evocative word pictures and charging them with powerful emotions. Great work.
11/07/12
As surely as a painter makes a masterpiece on canvas, you, in eloquence create splendor on a page. This is "Beyond" beautiful. Your descriptive phrase and perfect metaphor rise off the page and surround the reader. Wow! Total Wow!
11/08/12
Congratulations on you EC winner, it is a stunningly beautiful piece of art. You have a way of painting pictures with words that leaves me a bit awestruck. Thank you for your devotion to the wordsmithing craft.
Congatulations, Loren, I am soooo proud of you for being at the very top with this lyric prose pesm, one of the loveliest I have ever read. This masterful piece is a joy to read and remember!
11/08/12
Good job Loren. Congrats!
11/08/12
No surprise your exquisite work took the honors...congratulations Loren!
This is SO amazing and absolutely beautiful. I was going to pick a favourite line, but I cannot - they are all magnificent. Just wonderfully descriptive. Many many congratulations.
11/08/12
Breathtakingly beautiful. What an amazing gift you have. Congratulations!
11/08/12
Loren, I am not one tiny bit surprised that your hauntingly lovely piece took first place this week! It is truly a masterwork! CONGRATULATIONS!! :D
A very rich piece with a deep message. Congrats!
11/08/12
A well-deserved first placing
11/08/12
Loren, this piece overflows with imagery that puts the reader on a park bench watching each mural burst forth in front of our eyes. Exquisite to say the least--and very deserving of its first place win. Big congrats!
11/09/12
Loren, I'm so pleased this took top honors at FW. Congrats on your EC awards and level ribbon. It is so very much deserved!
11/09/12
This is a beautiful piece of poetic writing and well deserves its win. Congratulations.
11/09/12
Beautiful alliteration and powerful imagery--and beautiful message. Your piece follows the same theme mine did. What can that mean, except that the Lord Himself speaks the same message of hope and promise even when our eyes see different things? God is good!
11/09/12
Oh, and I really like the way that you did this:

"What manner of quiet is this--"

It felt almost as if I were reading a psalm from the King James. Simply put--just very nice.
01/16/13
I love the lyrical lilt of this piece of writing. Congratulations Loren, on your 1st place entry.