The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1529 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/03/12
Wow--lots of picture words to help the reader visualize this historical park with a troubling past. Very interesting entry.
11/05/12
Your opening stanzas lavishly draws the reader to explore this park that’s rich in Biblical and Israeli history. You'd made an amazing contrast with the beautiful setting and events that transpired in this park. The poetic form worked very well with this account. I think your title is great!
11/05/12
A graphic sense of contrast, between the beauty of the scenery and its ugly history; yet related in such simple language that amplifies the extremes. Excellent work.
11/05/12
This is stunning...the words touched my heart and I could visualize the beauty. I am most impressed! Just beautiful.

God Bless
Now this is truly inspired writing - it is like the "ghost" of that time were whispering in your ear/heart to tell their story. What a great job you did!
11/06/12
Very rich descriptions in this lovely poem! I enjoyed the history lesson, too, and think I might have to check this Dan Park out on the internet. I want to see some photos that will illustrate your piece! Nice job! :)
11/06/12
Spectacular tribute to your visit. The way you meshed the areas beauty with its tragic history was lovely.
11/07/12
This is very interesting. Your descriptions are amazing; nice work on giving us the history of this place.
11/08/12
Good job, Margaret. Congrats!
11/08/12
Congrats Margaret on your placing with this beautifully descriptive and historical tribute!
I had a feeling this would place well. It's too inspired to go without due notice. Congratulations, Margaret. So pleased this did so well.
11/08/12
HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS on your win with this excellent piece! WAY TO WRITE!! :)
11/08/12
Congratulations on your HC. Well-deserved.
11/09/12
Margaret, I was so pleased and excited to see this receive an EC award, too! Love that! :)
11/09/12
I sense here that your poem tells the story that the ground you walked on would, itself, tell. That's what a good writer does . . . they tell the story that begs to be told--the one that the writer feels must be poured out so that those who can't hear it can somehow have their ears opened to the story that exists under the surface layer. For me, that is what you have done here. Nice job.
11/09/12
I enjoyed your poem even though I've never been to that area. You've meshed the history, the Biblical significance and the beauty together really well. Congratulations on your EC placement and HC for this.