The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1421 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a great theme - life flavored with so many emotions - seasoning it all (upon looking back) with purpose(s) that lasts forever.
08/02/12
Very reflective - and all the moreso because of your economy with words.
08/03/12
Oh my gosh! There are so many great entries this week, and this is one of them! Loved it, and I loved the last two lines. Powerful, moving and prolific. Thank you.

God bless~
08/03/12
The title made me curious and I'm so glad it did. This was truly a creative take on the topic--it stirred many emotions in me as I went from verse to verse. Enjoyed this entry a whole lot!
08/05/12
Beautiful imagery. I really enjoyed this, especially the last verse.
Lovely poem. I enjoyed passing through their lives.
08/06/12
Beautiful. I find it hard to read poems about the fleeting nature of life on this world; melancholy tends to overwhelm my far too sentimental heart. But I really did like reading this; yes, tears fell as usual, but you ended with hope and the promise of a future - and I think that is the key to this kind of emotive poem. So often people are brought to a place of emotional vulnerability or awareness, and then left with nothing to hold on to, to balance the rocking boat.

You have a beautiful style of writing for this genre; your choice of words is spot on. Well done on a wonderful piece of writing. Blessings, Helen.
08/06/12
You have written a lovely poem. I especially appreciate the repetition of the last line. My only concern was the loose connection to the topic of Savory to the taste.
08/06/12
You do have a "way with words," and I very much enjoyed this touching piece!

Your word images are are so striking! Some of my favorites are: "Catching days like flakes upon our tongues," "Spitting out the rancid worldly choices," "Memories misting down like slow rain," and "Opening old doors of love."

Good job! :)
08/06/12
Just beautiful, so touching and well-written. I loved it.
08/07/12
This absolutely beautiful...brought tears to me...thank you...this is wonderful!
Gorgeous poetry!
Oh this really touched my heart. It reminds me of something my minister said. I'm facing all of my children entering the next phase of their life all at once and it's leaving me terrified that I may not be needed. But much like your poem suggests--this part of my life must die in order for me to experience the resurrection which will be far greater, still different but greater, than I can imagine.
08/08/12
Breathtakingly beautiful. Amazing talent!
08/09/12
CONGRATS!!!!

God bless~
08/09/12
CONGRATULATIONS on your E.C. for this lovely poem! :)
08/09/12
Congratulations on a very worthy win. Your poem is outstanding!
08/10/12
Congratulations on your very well-deserved 2nd placing!
08/10/12
Congratulations on your very well-deserved 2nd placing!
What a beautiful poem, and I love the title. Snow does make light because it is so bright and white when new.

I still want to submit an entry - perhaps next week.

Janice85