The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 907 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/19/12
This story had me in tears. Why does it so often take a 'mirror' for some women to realize the horror their enabling causes? Yet they think they're being noble and forgiving. They really need to make a stand against the abusive actions, hoping it will affect a genuine change.
07/21/12
A horrible story I would never want to read . . . but written so expertly, with an absolutely right on message, I had no choice. It actually made me stop and examine my own past, and made me wonder if there were steps I should have taken, though my issue was emotional rather than physical.
07/21/12
This is so disturbing to read yet for many people it's reality. I'm pleased you ended with the right action for mom and Riley to take.
07/22/12
This was powerfully executed, the words you chose brought it to life. The scenario was repulsive to my entire being...and so sad to realize that this is a vast reality for so many out there.

I was thrilled with the correct course of action the mom finally took. I pray this wasn't anything more than a "story" about the horrific issue of abuse.

Thank you for sharing this entry. It was so well crafted it truly made me reel. God bless you~
07/22/12
This was so well written. Perfect flow from beginning to end. Excellent!
Wow, this is a great story. It is a similar one to the one I wrote this week but by adding the little girl yours is head and shoulders above mine. You did a fantastic job of drawing me into this sad, but oh how often true, story.

The only red ink I noticed is near the end, you didn't start a new paragraph when the speaker changed.

This is definitely a difficult topic to read and write but I think it's vital that people know this goes on, even in Christian families. You went a step further and showed how it can write on the very soul of our children and change them forever. The ending is perfect and I hope it inspires anyone living in this kind of environment to get help NOW.
Congratulations for ranking 19th overall!