The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1364 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/11/10
This was nice and especially poignant since I'm reading it on Veterans' Day. Good job!
As yesterday was Veteran's Day this story is a great reminder that everyday should be Veteran's Day. Thank you for the message and thank you to all who have served on my behalf.
This is a Grrrrrrreat story! Made me feel good...and sad at the same time for what our soldiers endure for us.
11/14/10
I think it's good that not only did you write about this, but you also did it. As an outsider looking on, I wasn't sure whether Candace was single or married and hence if the thread was about to take a romantic turn. Judging by the "hey guys" near the end, I concluded that she was married.
I love that this is a true story - and I was so into their chat, I hated that they had to go. :) I hope this one does well; it needs to be shared. :)
11/14/10
I loved this exchange! And I think my favorite part was the "Like" at the end! What a great (true) story!!
I agree with Gregory. I wondered whether this would turn out to be a romance, though I wasn't sad that it wasn't. I really enjoyed the conversation between Darren and Candace. It sounded real (probably since it was). ;) Good job!
11/18/10
This is like you cut and pasted an actual chat-great job!
Congratulations for placing 28th overall.
11/19/10
Just got to read this one. I LOVE your ending. Well done, Sarah!