The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1206 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Different and interesting. Made me think of my friend whose husband was diagnosed with stage 4 melenoma a short 6 months ago. They were told he had 6-7 months and, indeed, the disease is running rampant through his body. What are her conversations with God like now? Can she be still and just acknowledge His supremacy? I imagine she feels like this woman at times, like she doesn't want to talk to God and she can't hear Him talking back. An interesting take on
"conversation". Maybe sometimes He can best converse with us when we are still, just listening and acknowledging. Anyway, this made me think. Very descriptive.
10/22/10
I was fascinated with how you wrote this. The glass of water and the fact that is was her choice to empty it or not, spoke volumes. Your message is haunting. Excellent writing.
10/22/10
I was fascinated with how you wrote this. The glass of water and the fact that is was her choice to empty it or not, spoke volumes. Your message is haunting. Excellent writing.
10/24/10
Good story. There are times in our lives when we can do nothing BUT be still when everything in us is writhing and screaming for the pain to stop NOW. How do we carry on during those times unless we know that whether we hear His voice or not, He is with us. He is hurting with us and holding us when we are so numb that we can't even feel His arms around us. Again... good story.. thank you for the reminder of God's love in the hardest times of our lives.
I could feel the MC's despair and frustration. Nicely done.