The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1512 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a beautiful story of faith and endurance.
This tender story brought tears to my eyes. I was holding my breath, hoping the author's mother would be able to see after that horrible ordeal. What a beautiful example of God's grace, of humbly accepting God's will, of character that could have been shaped only by a loving God. The little details revealing the husband's love presented a wonderful picture of Christian marriage. This is a couple that have found a forever-home in my heart.
07/31/10
"A Miracle of Grace" for sure. It took grace on the part of the mother in this story to assure her family that it was okay for her not to have her sight. She, the one who had undergone the pain and suffering, was the one to ease the pain of her husband and children. Just like a mother! Oh what a sad story! Yet the mother had inner sight that she spread to her family. What an example of love! I was so in to this story that I felt I was right there, part of the family...What excellent writing. You are a blessing...Helen
May we all be able to face such news with God-given hope and peace.
08/02/10
I so hoped for a happy ending yet seeing this woman's faith was better than the fairy tale endings, for sure.
I've always believed that true "healing" is what happens inside when God's grace changes our expectations and grants us His peace--through anything and everything we face. You nailed this absolutely! It touched my heart, confirmed God's wondrous love and grace, and renewed my prayer for that same grace alive in my heart. Thank you!
This story drew me in to such an emotional level that when I got to the part where the mother starts singing that wonderful old hymn, I actually let out an audible sob! Good job.
08/03/10
Such a lovely, lovely story. I was touched by the non-fairy-tale ending. Beautiful peace in the midst of tragedy.
Moving, ministering and so well told!
08/04/10
This broke my heart. What an example of God's grace in action all the way through this story. I felt as if I was right there with you.

Thank you for sharing this testimony of God's faithfulness in the midst of hardship. God's grace comes when we need it and not a moment sooner.
08/04/10
I like what Carol said - "God's grace in action." This was a gripping story, but instead of sadness, it ended with great hope. Well-written.
The ending gave me goosebumps. God is a master at providing peace, especially when things don't turn out the way we would like. I hoped her eyesight would return, but her response to blindness touched my heart. Thanks for sharing your story.
Congratulations, Mariane, on EC with this beautiful piece.
Congratulations for placing in the top 15 of your level and in the top 40 overall and for an EC!
Excellent!!! So much action and story packed into a few words. The ending took me completely by surprise, and I loved it. Congratulations!!!!!
Riveting, real, and remarkable. Congratulations.
08/08/10
Such a poignant story, Mariane... Congratulations on your Editor's Choice award!