The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1676 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
There's a lot I like about this poem - the allegory (or metaphors, not sure which term is correct,) the rhythm, and you not only nailed the topic, you delved deep into the heart of it. The rhyme scheme lost me in the middle, when the 4th line of each stanza stopped ending in a -ion word, and the rhythm lost momentum then too. This comes from a novice poet, tho. :) You've given me much to think about when seeking inspiration for my writing. Very nice.
I couldn't agree more. Well done.
04/30/10
I enjoyed this poem and applaud you for using this difficult poetic format! Your stream of thought propels this!
What I found reading this was that the composition of it made me slow down and take in the words. As a "new" writer it shows me another way to express words. Unique and interesting.
05/06/10
WOW! No wonder you placed! A lot to think about. Thank you!
Congratulations on this fun, rhythmic, well-deserved EC.
05/06/10
Congratulations on your 1st place EC Linda. Beautiful poem from which every writer can learn!
05/06/10
So much said in these wonderful rhymes and allegories - very well deserving of your 1st place and EC. Congratulations!
05/06/10
Linda... Super! Congrats! on 1st place masters AND Editor's Choice with this wonderful poem!! I'm so excited for you!
05/06/10
Wonderful! Congratulations on your EC! So well deserved.
Congratulations on your winning entry! Both 1st place masters and EC are well deserved. Your poem was right on topic in a most unique way. So much so that I found myself reading it a number of times, something I seldom do. Your obvious talent can only be a gift from God.