The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1056 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I read this out loud to my husband who didn't have any trouble hearing and laughing in the right spots. This was fun to read. I have to say that I started liking Henry more than I liked Wilma. Wilma seemed like a constantly grumpy person and I honestly wanted to like her a little more than I did.
03/13/10
In addition to the great dialog, I like the little details you added throughout that enhanced the story. Great fun to read!
This is so funny. I'm still chuckling. Thanks for starting my day with a good laugh (and the undertones of health care reform is excellent, my husband would appreciate that one!)
03/15/10
This was such a fun read - I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great dialogue & the characters really come alive. Well done!
Very heart warming story, great dialogue and well written. Enjoyed all of the humor and the Reverend taking time to visit this adorable, elderly and homebound couple.
03/15/10
Wonderfully drole. I particularly enjoyed Wilma's character. I felt the Rev was a little wooden but nonetheless well-meaning. Good stuff.
03/15/10
I liked all of the characters and the story line too. I think this is one of the best this time.
And now I've had my laugh for the day with your delightful story.
I love the title... and great characters. A fun read for sure.
03/17/10
Great fun! sounded real, you caught the feeling just right.
03/17/10
Can I just use one word to sum this up? HILARIOUS! Love it!
I really can't add anything to what everyone else has said. Except, I laughed just as much the second time I read it as I did the first. Well done Bryan, well done!
03/18/10
LOL! Your humor brought a smile to my face. Great characterization of both Henry and Wilma. :)
03/18/10
Enjoyed it much also, and was impressed with how smoothly it flowed -- an easy and VERY fun read!
03/18/10
Enjoyable read as I've come to expect from you. Something about these old couples that is so endearing. Very solid entry.
Mona