The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1422 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/29/10
The sweet innocence of this made me smile. What a memory! (this is true, right?) :)
Flows like a bubbling brook. Love it.
01/31/10
This was a fun poem to read. I could just picture that awful gray suit in my mind. (I don't wear earrings and when my daughter was about 4 years old, she bought me some gaudy blue earrings that were HUGE. We went out to eat later that day and she insisted I wear those things. And yes, I did wear them.)
Great poem and a wonderful take on "huh." Good job!
02/01/10
What fun! The meter and simplicity of the poem fit the story so well.
What a delight to read and its rhyme/meter reminded me of a wonderful combination of both Dr. Seuss and Clement Moore : )
A sweet, very well written poem of love. Well done!
02/01/10
Simple language, simple rhythm and simple warmth. It recalled for me my $3 vee-knee (remember them?) blue jeans (with purple vees) I proudly bought and (embarrassingly) wore soon after we were married back in '75. Aahh, nostalgia.
02/01/10
What a fun, kind of bouncy poem. Loved the message through the newlyweds. Well done!
02/02/10
This was a fun poem, delightful to read! Loved it!
well written...I was creating my own little half tune to go with the rhyme of it.
02/03/10
My thoughts were the same as Lisa's: the things we do for love...
Great writing, as always!
Oh, this is a fun read, and I love the message. Excellent!
02/04/10
Not usually a poetry fan but this one caught my attention. Very sweet.
sweet story and message! loved the flow of the poem