The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1662 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/27/09
This blessed poem should hang in every child's room all over the world--loved the way you wove your verses around the scripture. Beautifully written and spititually felt. Hope this places high.
This is so tenderly written and then to have it undergirded with select verses of Scripture makes it very, very special. I loved this one in particular:
"The threads God used within my womb,
When He was knitting you,
Had many strands from family
Of past and present, too."

It's so picturesque and shows in those few words why every person is so unique. The possibilities are endless, just as the promises of God are endless for the little one who grows up under the careful mentoring of the parents to place his/her faith in Christ Jesus. This is beautiful and I would love to see it illustrated in a book! It would also make a great gift--printed in a fine script, matted and framed--for a new mother or an expectant one to hang on the wall of the baby's bedroom. Big time Kudos on this one!!
Beautiful poem and my favorite section is the same as Marianne's. Wonderfully written and presented with foundational scripture. Nicely done!
This is absolutely beautiful and I love the Scriptures which remind us of God's loving plans for each precious child that enters the world.
08/29/09
Love the gentleness, truth, love and faith of this special piece.

Mona
This poem has it all. A masterful mix of sweetness, sincerity, and faith all mixed together with scriptures to support each stanza. Wonderful wonderful wonderful! :)
09/01/09
Just precious. One of my favorites this week.
I love it! Thank you.
09/02/09
Wonderful, Verna! I like stanzas 3 and 4 the best--and the whole poem is one that I'll share with Piper and her parents.
09/02/09
Absolutely stunning! I love how you wove in the scripture with each pair of stanzas.
09/02/09
This is very special.
09/02/09
Having just seen our daughter 'leave the nest' (our only child) this really touched me... I'm sitting here crying. Thank you.
When words fall so perfectly into place like this, one can only say the author was born to write it. No one else could have done the weaving better - God left it to you and I know He is well pleased. I agree with a previous comment that this should be framed and hung in nurseries everywhere. Congratulations! Well done, indeed!
Congratulations on your EC, Verna. This is a comforting poem for new moms, and full of hope for the babies. I really enjoyed it.
09/03/09
Beautiful...Beautiful !!!

I love this, Verna. It's a keeper.
What a beautiful tapestry expressing the miracle of life!!