The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1473 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/24/09
I like historical pieces and this one drew me in. I could picture the scene vividly. The use of the rose was perfect.
I enjoy regency stories, and yours fit the bill nicely. I chuckled at the resiliency and optimism of adolescence.
07/27/09
Aptly done. But does the dashing Lord Daglish deserve to be pursued?
07/27/09
I tried to write one of these once for the ROMANCE topic way, way back. Sure wish I had your skill. Very nicely done. It's hard to bring forth all of the details you would want in a story like this because of the word limit. But, I was impressed with the detail you had. Great job. God bless.
Great writing and story telling. Nicely done.
I think this is charming. Your MC is believable. She has the insecurities of most young ladies. Great sense of time and place, too. Well done.
07/28/09
Loved the fact that Miss Julia got back up after being knocked flat. Great story, wonderful writing.
Oooh, may we have a sequel please? Just a little bit, I'm dying to know what happens with Miss Julia and Lord Daglish, was he really talking about her? Can she sort of I don't know, have a comeback? LOL! It was super-easy for me to get into this story and I wanted more when it ended all too soon. Excellently done!
07/30/09
Your control of the storyline and timing is something to be envied. Great characters and use of conflict.
Mona
07/30/09
Hope springs eternal! So true of the optimism of youth....and maybe even of those of us slightly older....