The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1090 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/23/09
Very interesting story which should strike a cord of kindness within each of us to reach out to those in need... and the greatest commandment is love.
04/23/09
This is so very good. The story, the "read-between-the-lines story" and your use of something simple to get attention as did the character. Thought-provoking. Wonderful entry.
Mona
04/24/09
Well-written and thought-provoking.
04/24/09
Well done—and leaving the reader with lots to think on.
04/26/09
Loved this entry! Kept me interested and also convicted... :) great writing..
Your descriptions are excellent, making me see all "these people," while your story is a reminder that they, too, are loved by God.
04/28/09
This was a very interesting and convicting story.

You have a nice,descriptive style, such as in the following sentence: "Returning, with a bag full of cholesterol and two large iced teas, I sat on the bench."

I also appreciate the important message with which you end this piece!

04/28/09
P.S. I think you meant to use the word "elicit" instead of "illicit."
04/28/09
A great example that everyone has a story. Some are wonderful, others sad. This is also challenging to the reader, whether he/she will do something about those "invisibles".