The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1797 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/19/09
I felt like I was right there in the scene.
02/19/09
How little we know, how careless we are with our faith, and how much we take for granted the freedom to practice it that we have. Your story is a wonderful reminder and rebuke.
02/21/09
Incredibly intense and heart-wrenching. I was so engaged. Wonderful.
02/21/09
You completely engaged me in the story.
The believers in Orissa are suffering horrible persecution. Excellent presentation.
Your descriptions are awesome in this terribly sad depiction of Christian martyrs in India. I could feel the fear of the boy in the depths of the jungle as though it were my own.
02/25/09
Wow! I have goosebumps. I would love to know the rest of the story.
02/25/09
I read this a few days ago and had to sit awhile to soak it in. It is that powerful. So much so, because it is true and a snapshot of what serving God in many countries...even today. Thank you for writing it.
02/25/09
Beautiful slice of life, Vonnie. You packed so much into what would have taken only a few minutes in real time--we got to know the characters of both Amar and his mother. Excellent.
02/25/09
Very intense imagery. Amazing what we consider persecution here in comparison. Well, there is no comparison, really. Well written piece.
03/03/09
very superb description of an event. it's like REAL !