The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1489 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/30/09
"Keeping Up Appearances" is one show I really like—but I wouldn't want to have tea in the BOO-K house, either! A lovely ramble through all things British. (Her Majesty needs the purse to carry her hankie—even the royal nose needs to be blown once in a while!).
01/30/09
Smooth and seemingly effortless travel through England and you took me right with you. Worth the trip.
01/30/09
This is so darling, with a wonderful voice. And I absolutely, positively LOVE the last line!!
01/30/09
Loved the title and the glimpse into the mind of the MC. Cheers for Lionel and Jean - one of my fav shows EVER! You'll get there someday and will be even more enchanted and captivated by all things British while you're there. Thanks for this piece!
01/30/09
This was fun, entertaining and pretty much sums up my knowledge of the UK as well. I truly enjoyed the voice of the MC and the humor laced throughout.
Wow! You expressed just about all I was thinking, and you used just the right words. I loved it.
02/03/09
Ohhhh I hope this places high in the ranks. It's my favorite thus far!
I'd like answers to those same quetions.
02/03/09
Hee-hee! This was a really fun piece, and I enjoyed it from start to amusing finish! :) My ideas of England are also primarily drawn from books, movies, and TV shows, so I can relate to much of what you wrote! (I actually think it would be "jolly good fun" to meet Hyacinth and poor old Richard. Maybe I could spend the night at "Fawlty Towers," too! :) ) Great job with this piece!