The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1475 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/11/08
Love the rhythm and the simplicity.
12/13/08
I loved this. So simple and straight forward.
12/13/08
Lovely. I'd love to see this illustrated. Enjoyed this very much.
12/13/08
A great lesson for Junior. Thanks.
12/16/08
Love this poem and can picture each scene clearly. Such a sweet and natural telling of the Christmas story!
Lovely, easy to read. Loved the little boy and wanted to hug him. Sweet and tender, loved it.
12/17/08
So cute, I could just see the little one crying from frustration. Loved the line about Jesus being the one who fitted perfectly into that place.
This creates such a precious scene. The rhythm almost felt like how the mother would rock the child to calm him. So simple and yet so precious in that simplicity. Loved it. :)
12/17/08
Beautiful. How ever did you manage to write poetically and yet keep it simple enough that it could actually have been the mother's words to the child? Why don't you put it to music and make a Christmas lullaby!
12/17/08
This is absolutely delightful. I love the cadence of this poem.
Beautiful! I love the sweet and simple feel of this. I can see it being told to a young boy sitting on his mother's lap. Wonderful! ^_^
Verna, I just love this poem. It's perfect simplicity reflects the simple perfection of the true reason for Christmas. Your perfect meter throughout is beautiful. It reminds me of a mother's gentle rocking of her child...steady, sure, and soothing. What a delight to read this precious piece! You are such a wonderful poet. I love reading your work, dear friend.