The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1017 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/28/08
I liked your presentation of choices. Good writing.
Your story flows seamlessly from despair to hope. I love this story of the brothers helping each other be strong, facing the demons of their past, and going home to spread the "Sonrise". Great title, too.
The title is magical and so is the writing. I was involved in the brother's relationship.
11/30/08
This was real to me, coming from a dad like theirs. Addictions cannot be conquered alone, which is the takeaway for me. We indeed are our Brother's keeper. I loved it and was connected from start to finish.
11/30/08
There's a remarkable message in this story. Loved the title. The pain of the brothers was creatively woven throughout. Good job!
12/01/08
Awesome dialogue!
I really love the reality in this story. Such raw emotions. Wonderful storytelling here - and what a powerful message. . .
12/01/08
Nice job. Raw and believeable characters, I like that Jim didn't agree with his brother right away, he struggled, wrestled and WON! The bartender was intriguing too.
12/03/08
Good story. The dialog is captivating and smooth as silk. Well done!