The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2887 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/04/08
Very powerfully written with beautiful details!
I didn't know what her decision was going to be, and I'm glad for the action she picked. Very nice!
09/06/08
This is masterfully done. I was on the edge of my seat throughout trying to figure out what was going on. Expertly crafted with an ending I definitely was not expecting.
09/08/08
Wow ... VERY good take on the subject and done VERY well. Wow.
09/08/08
Sad, yet hopeful. I love the words you chose and to write it in the form of a letter is beautiful. Great piece!
09/09/08
VERY good, and very timely! I was hanging on every word.
09/10/08
Gripping! I love the story. I did find myself wondering how the letter got to Samir, as it is written after the fact. Would her writing this from prison lead the police to Samir?
09/11/08
You really had me guessing at which direction this woman was going to take right up until the end. I have such a hard time putting myself in the shoes of people who do this--just what are they thinking as they get on the bus...watch their fellow passengers...and then-it's over. Good job getting me inside this character's head. I shudder when I think of the kind of hate or the kind of fear that motivates this type of merciless and savage revenge.
Wow, this is very well written... Excellent job!
09/11/08
So well written. I thought she was going somewhere to commit suicide, and I'm so glad your MC got the Truth in time. A beautifully written take on this topic and a well deserved EC win!
09/11/08
This is fantastic. Well done. You crafted a wonderful piece that kept me hanging on every word. And I absolutely love your voice. It's very distinquished.
09/11/08
Congratulations on your 1st place. This is very good--and very chilling reading it today. Great job with the topic.
09/11/08
I loved your story. Thank you for putting your life into it and making it real.
09/12/08
This very definitely earned first placed, congratulations. Very well done.
09/12/08
Oh my...this was gripping. Incredible work. Congratulations.
09/13/08
Awesome, simply awesome. I loved the description of the day was (sunshine) compared to how the MC thought it should be on such a potentially tragic day. This was scarily realistic. Congrats on a 1st place EC, well deserved.