The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1765 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I loved the ending--even when I saw it coming in your cute story.
09/01/08
Love the clever twist at the end...poor Patience...imagine having to live up to that name your whole life!
09/01/08
Hehe This was good. I especially like the "payback for my name" bit. Too cute. :)
Very Cute story! I bet Patty liked her name better after learning the story behind it -well, maybe not at twelve, but eventually. You did a great job with the writing of this.
09/02/08
Very clever.
09/02/08
very nice. i cheated a little bit and skipped ahead. sorry, but i had to know what was gonna happen. very well written. love it!
Good story!
09/02/08
Good story, great dialogue. My son never liked his name, and now his daughter is complaining about hers, sigh....sometimes you just can't win.
09/02/08
Love it! "Have Patience," indeed!
I loved the ending where they told her to "have Patience," and then she did. Very cute story! A lot of fun to read!

Thank you for sharing this. :)
09/03/08
What a fun entry! Loved this!
09/03/08
Cute story! I liked how it pulled me in quickly and piqued my curiosity. I figured her name was patience about halfway through, but when the topic subject is 'patience' it's kind of hard to maintain the mystery till the end. Nice Job.