The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1206 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/22/08
Oh, clever - the ending DEFINITELY took me by surprise. Great descriptions of the repairman's venture into the basement. Enjoyed this.
Whew that was close!
"Duck thing" how real that sounds to me.
What a name for a snake?!
The suspense was just right, I enjoyed this very much.
05/23/08
Very creative entry and nice job with the element of surprise at the end. One thing I noticed was a tiny bit of head-hopping, particularly at the beginning. The story started out sounding like it was coming from the woman's perspective but quickly moved into the repair man's. You slipped back into her POV when she "noticed" something. Not a huge deal...still a great entry. Nice job. :-)
05/24/08
You certainly managed to throw me off the scent there, by the title and footprints I was expecting a platypus, not a cat and kid with strange footwear. (Only question, would a twenty-five foot python would fit in a fish tank?)
05/25/08
Okay, this one wins for giving me the outright giggles:) Yea! Didn't think it was possible to make me laugh today!
Laury
This is very clever...and funny. Well done.
05/26/08
Excellent. I love exactly this type of surprise ending, one seeded through with hints and teases, but still leaves you guessing right up to the climax.
ROFL! What a hoot! The mis-direction and suspense were great, as well as the humor.
05/28/08
Great job building suspense! Very cute story.
05/29/08
This is hilarious. What a wonderful imagination you have. Great writing.
Congratulations on taking 15th place in your level with this piece, Garnet!
And you placed 23rd overall. Awesome!