The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2356 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/28/08
Wow, powerful! Their actions truly did speak where words could not. Thank you for sharing this beautiful story.
Incredible! You develop an intense love story, under such grim circumstances. The impact of this story is even greater, having recently visited the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
02/29/08
Oh, my...this is just beyond beautiful. What lovely, tender sweetness--I'm stunned and wordless.
Simply amazing from top to bottom.
02/29/08
A very moving and beautiful love story set amidst a nightmarish scene beyond our comprehension, well done.
03/01/08
I was totally wrapped up in this piece. I am speechless to describe why. Masterful.
03/01/08
What a beautiful heart-wrenching story. Great writing.
03/02/08
Loved it. The descriptions you wrote after the train were amazing. Wow.
03/02/08
Vividly beautiful ... stunningly exquisite.

Perfect ...
03/03/08
I'm sitting here crying - this was so awesome. Oh my gosh, well done! This is great!
03/03/08
Wow. Moving, wrenching, beautiful. Well done.
03/03/08
Amazing story. Wonderfully written.
03/03/08
Wonderful telling of a story! Beautifully written! Wonderful descriptions and imagination.
03/03/08
Oh my. Beauty in the midst of such a place as that. Wonderful. I could feel her hope.
03/04/08
Amazing, Ann. Everything I love about your writing is here, at its best. I don't know what to say, other than perfect - just go back over every comment I've ever given you, and apply it to this piece.
By the fourth paragraph, I knew where I was. So many stories about this time in history, but yours is so soft and endearing, it just shines. Not enough room here to expound fully, just THANKS.
This is a story to review in the mind again and again to savor the beauty of the words and the thoughts.
This was well written. It makes me sad the way humans treated other humans, but like the love and hope in this story.
03/05/08
What a wonderful picture of hope in the midst of despair. Beautiful.
Your title sums up this piece. The descriptions were so amazing. I loved this 'love story'. It was heart-wrenching. The simple gifts the careful thoughts. Wonderful. You did well. ^_^
What a wonderful story! I enjoyed every morsel. Truly a feast of love. Splendid job!
03/06/08
CONGRATS on first place!!!!
03/06/08
Simply breathtaking. I have tears in my eyes and my heart aches. Thanks for sharing beauty in the midst of unspeakable horror.
***Congratulations, I'm so glad this placed, it was a beautiful piece!***
I have chills! A very well deserved win. Beautifully written. Congratulations!
03/06/08
Congratulations on your 1st place, Ann. This is absolutely amazing.
03/06/08
Oh my! This was exquisite, superb, fabulously written. I am so glad you won first place--it should be read by everyone.
03/07/08
Amazing. Congratulations on the EC, you deserved it!