The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 3482 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A fairy tale! Heehee. I love this, the slightly modern twist is good and the way that they taught the prince a 'lesson' was perfect. I was completely caught up in the entire story and didn't think it was a test until the end, by then I'd figured out that Ursla was the Princess and that was very fun! Great job! ^_^
01/25/08
Tooooooo clever! I was fascinated. Good work.
01/25/08
Clever. Good twist. Like how it all worked out in the end.
I love it! Excellent mis-direction.

Only one tiny thing bothered me... He hadn't seen the princess in ten years, but I wonder if those serving his father could truly have been so disguised as to not be recognizable?
You captured my attention from beginning to end. I love the twist in identities. Wonderful writing!
01/28/08
LOVE the romantic twist at the end. Well done.
01/28/08
Really compelling piece--I'm drawn to stories with twists like this one.

One thing wasn't exactly clear--the beatings, the infection, etc.--those were real? Wow, that's dedication to a deception.

I'd love to see this on film.
01/29/08
Well written. I don't know if the prince would have had quite the reaction he had after finding out that he had been duped, but this is a fairy-tale :)
01/30/08
So did the "scantily clad companion" end up being the Prince's court jester?

Very enjoyable read.
01/30/08
Wonderfully creative story. Great dialogue, too. And terrific ending.
Wonderful fairy tale with moral exact to this week's theme.
01/31/08
Congratulations on this top-notch entry, Peter. It is spectacular! ;)
***Congrats!*** I'm so happy to see this favorite in the winner's circle!
01/31/08
Wow! I love your story...super writing! Congrats on 1st place!!!
Congratulations on this WELL DESERVED win. This is wonderful. You have such a gift for writing period pieces. This had everything...suspense, adventure, mystery, and even romance. I give you a A+++++.
01/31/08
Move over Hans Christian Anderson.
Congratulations on your win. This was very well done.
awsome! I wanted it to continue! well done!
02/01/08
Congratulations! It really was a good article.
Fantastic entry! Well-deserved win! I loved it!
02/01/08
Congratulations, Peter! Great story and, of course, very well written.
02/01/08
Congrats. Excellent story that really kept me guessing till the end.
02/01/08
Awww! What a wonderful story. The twist was priceless. Such a fun read, I became lost in the story. Great message.
Congratulations.
Great lesson here, congrats on your EC. Looking forward to more.
Really, really enjoyable read Peter! So descriptive I felt as though I was watching, rather than reading it.

Well deserving of the blue ribbon now attached :-)
This story had me totally engaged. I could use all of my senses while reading and was surprised by the ending...that all had been a test. Awesome story. Thanks for writing this:)
A very well deserved win. I loved it from start to finish. How on earth did you manage to fit such a wonderful, detailed story into 750 words?
Well done and deserving of first place! The only suggestion I would make is to make sure your dialog fits the time period you are trying to portray. I'm not sure, but "Bring it on" sounds pretty modern. I liked how the prince gained respect for his father through what he endured.
Awesome story, great job!
02/04/08
I truly did love this story. What talent you have!
02/05/08
I am not surprised by your win.
You're a very talented writer.
Congratulations on the recogition - finally.