The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1585 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/15/07
This is really sweet. I can picture the two old men singing that song. What a wonderful picture of encouragement this is.
11/16/07
Great story. I love the "Grumpy Old Men" scenario.
11/16/07
Superb characterization. Masterful writing and presentation of your message. Excellent, I'm impressed if that means anything. God bless.
11/16/07
Wonderful characterization and detail. You put me right there - and I love the ending.
11/19/07
Excellent characterization and such poignant writing!
11/19/07
Loved the exchanges between Henry and Ted. I could see the meeting at the nursing home. Great story and nicely written.
11/19/07
Very believable setting, and very touching story. I guess by the time you reach this stage of your life, you realize not all friendships look alike.
A slice of life as it really happens. No matter what the circumstances or methods employed, encouragement is always a thing of beauty.
11/19/07
This brought tears and laughter--Excellent!! I could so easily see those two, from beginning to end. I love it!! Hugs!
Excellent characterizations! Excellent crafting of this touching story, as well. Love the words of the hymn woven in.
This is quite beautiful. The dialog is very realistic and the setting is very familiar to me because my mother lived in such a facility for 16 years. You've painted a very poignant picture of a very sensitive subject. Good job!
11/21/07
There is power in the bond between Christian friends. This is so touching...loved it!
11/21/07
Oh, this made me happy and sad at the same time. Since my Dad's in a Nursing home, I see so many seniors like these two; and your story is a fine example of the bonds and friendships they make with each other under these trying circumstances. Good writing and great characters.
11/21/07
These was wonderfully sad and encouraging. I liked your two MC's. Great job!
Laury
I liked this and yes your title is true, there is "Wonder working power" Good charactization and dialouge. Very realistic, with a great ending.
I liked the honesty of the characters straight away and the way it carried the story. Our sincere love for others helps us to find the ways to truly encourage them.
I love your all your writing, and especially this piece. This one brought tears to my eyes. Well done my friend!