The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1768 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/20/07
Lol!! I loved it! Terrific detail and great punch at the end!! Oh how I can relate:)
04/20/07
Love it! Every last word! I knew where you were going, but I thoroughly enjoyed the journey...it made me laugh out loud, and it made me long for summer.
04/20/07
Great job of showing not telling with strong actions and descriptions. I can smell the lotion now...great work, very funny!
04/21/07
Very funny -- very real. Next time I worry about my mid-life body, I'll remember Chauncey. Thanks for the laugh.
Thanks for the trip to Paradise. It was fun and hilarious!
04/23/07
Sorry I'm late with this, I was away all w/e. Ok, gotta get this critiquing sandwich down.
Good: You nailed married life and made me laugh, which was the point,
Filling: except for the swooning bit - after 17 years that might be a teensy bit exaggerated..;)I know these things; it'll be 17 years in September. As for the writing, it feels a little rushed, as if you didn't put your usual love into writing it, but good overall.
Good: I loved the swimsuit, the thong on Trump (ugh)and the honey lips. Thongs are overrated anway ;)
04/24/07
Oh my, my. What our creative minds come up with. Excellent job, great imagination. A visual I didn't really need:), but a very funny and entertaining story. God bless.
04/24/07
I have to put my 2 cents in regarding Sally's comment. (Great sandwich critiquing on Sally's part.)

I don't think your swooning was exaggerated at all for 17 yrs of marriage. I've been married almost 24 yrs, and the dialogue you used could easily have been from my husband. :) (Yet I'm having a hard time writing romance.)
04/24/07
From your post I was expecting something outrageous! I think you were reaching for a voice and maybe could have taken a bit more time to develop it. You reeled me in with the George Cluny clone and the acerbic comments about the other bathers were amusing observations.
04/25/07
Hehehe - this could have worked for Romance as well :) hehehehe . Offensive? nope!
I enjoyed this. A husband who still knows how to flirt with his wife after 17 years is the very best kind!
This was fun! I love the "Want a jungle kiss?" line. Just one question...have you been inside my head? This reminded me a lot of when we visited St. Thomas last December. Very nicely done.