The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2407 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I love the ending! :-)
06/16/06
I could just picture Sis Georgia, with her little bun on back of her head, as she twirled and danced to His music. Beautiful!
06/16/06
Yes.This is a picture of abundance, not just a bun dancing.(tho I love the titel too)Glad you picked this one to share. Every sentence was full of abundant life! Def a DAVEYs Fav winner! Love it!

06/18/06
Lovely engaging writing. My only quibble is with the time-line - three months seems just too soon for plausibility. Your imagery was extremely vivid - good stuff.
06/20/06
I loved the ending! The lady in the story reminded me of my Great Grandma and how she wore her hair. The church was just like hers and brought back so many memories. Thank you!
Delightful, well-written story, and play on words with the topic. What a wise pastor; I loved the ending.

One thought: You might want to trim down your opening sentence. The longer it grew, the more punch I felt you sacrificed. Not a big deal to fix for one with your way with words! Well done!



06/21/06
Delightful,with wonderful ending. It made me smile.
06/21/06
A lovely slice-of-life, charmingly written.
06/21/06
Such love revealed in this story. Very nicely done and very well written.
06/21/06
One of the best lines I have read in a while:

"Wheat fields across the street from her humble home gently blew in familiar rhythm as if the breath of God seemed to dance across tips of the golden grain."

I agree with another critique that the opening sentences could be a little shorter. Beyond that however, I was there. That's what makes a good story!
Excellent! I really loved this. It reminds me of times past. Great job.
Wow! I wish I could write this good. Thanks for sharing.

-Kimberly